About This Course
Automation is a significant factor in the drive to propel business transformation and reduce IT effort. Not long ago, IT staff would build out individual machines and spend much time manually replicating their environments.
In this course, you’ll learn how to automate operational and management tasks in Microsoft Azure to save time, increase reliability and improve consistency and accuracy using technologies such as Desired State Configuration, ARM templates, and run books integrated with Azure Automation.
In Microsoft Azure, you can now fully utilize automation and script-writing to create automatic back-ups, activate Disaster Recovery strategies in the event of downtime or infrastructure disasters, and streamline a host of other processes. Azure helps drive efficiencies in usage and consumption. Organizations now routinely automate processes to scale their business functions accordingly, based on peak and non-peak times and usage patterns, thereby reducing the manual intervention that was previously required for such functions.
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- Basic proficiency in PowerShell and command line interface scripting.
- How to define environments and configurations using ARM Templates and integrate those templates with other automation services
- How to use Desired State Configuration
- How to implement Runbooks
- How to Implement Workflows
- How to use Azure Automation to integrate multiple automation components.