About This Course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Data Science.
Demand for data science talent is exploding. Develop your career as a data scientist, as you explore essential skills and principles with experts.
In this data science course, you will learn key concepts in data acquisition, preparation, exploration, and visualization taught alongside practical application oriented examples such as how to build a cloud data science solution using Microsoft Azure Machine Learning platform, or with R, and Python on Azure stack.
What you'll learn
- Explore the data science process
- Probability and statistics in data science
- Data exploration and visualization
- Data ingestion, cleansing, and transformation
- Introduction to machine learning
- The hands-on elements of this course leverage a combination of R, Python, and Microsoft Azure Machine Learning
Explore the data science process – An Introduction
- Understand data science thinking.
- Know the data science process
- Use AML to create and publish a first machine learning experiment
- Lab: Creating your first model in Azure Machine Learning
- Understand and apply confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Understand the meaning and application of correlation Know how to apply simulation
- Lab: Working with probability and statistics
- Lab: Simulation and hypothesis testing Working with data – Ingestion and preparation
- Know the basics of data ingestion and selection
- Understand the importance and process for data cleaning, integration and transformation
- Lab: Data ingestion and selection - new
- Lab: Data munging with Azure Machine Learning, R, and Python on Azure stack Data Exploration and Visualization
- Know how to create and interpret basic plot types
- Understand the process of exploring datasets
- Lab: Exploring data with visualization with Azure Machine Learning, R and Python Introduction to
Supervised Machine Learning
- Understand the basic concepts of supervised learning
- Understand the basic concepts of unsupervised learning
- Create simple machine learning models in AML
- Lab: Classification of people by income
- Lab: K-means clustering with Azure Machine Learning