About This Course
DevOps is the union of people, process and products to enable the continuous delivery of value to end users. It aims to create a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably, so you can innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. By taking this introductory DevOps course, you’ll be able to define DevOps, understand why you need DevOps, and learn how you can get started with DevOps. You’ll learn the key ideas and techniques to bring development and operations together to produce higher-quality software and deliver it more quickly.
What you'll learn
- The value, history, and building blocks of DevOps
- How to unify processes and improve collaboration between development and operations
- Continuous Integration (CI), continuous testing, and continuous deployment
- Release Management, configuration management, and monitoring in DevOps
- Week 1: Introduction to DevOps
Introduction to the definition, value, history, building blocks, and best practices of DevOps
- Week 2: A unified process between development and operations
Introduction to how Agile software development process applies to DevOps, the importance of integrating source control in DevOps, and how automation is applied to DevOps
- Week 3: Continuous Integration (CI), continuous testing, and continuous deployment
Introduction to the key concepts, benefits, tools, and practices of implementing Continuous Integration (CI), continuous testing, and continuous deployment
- Week 4: Configuration management and release management
Introduction to the key concepts, benefits, tools and practices of implementing release management and configuration management.
- Week 5: Monitoring and feedback
Introduction to the key concepts and tools of tracking production and aligning with suitable metrics to improve business results.